Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Literature Analysis Inventory

How many have you done?  0
Are you prepared to get three done by the end of the semester?  Yes!
                                                                                                                                                                   
Quotes:
    1) "You're afraid of making mistakes. Don't be. Mistakes can be profited by. Man, when I was younger I shoved my ignorance in people's faces. They beat me with sticks. By the time I was forty my blunt instrument had been honed to a fine cutting point for me. If you hide your ignorance, no one will hit you and you'll never learn."  - Faber

2) "Truth will come to light, murder will not be hid long!" & "Knowledge is power!" - Montag

3) "Are you happy?" - Clarisse McClellan

4) "You must understand that our civilization is so vast that we can't have our minorities upset and stirred. Ask yourself, What do we want in this country, above all? People want to be happy, isn't that right? Haven't you heard it all your life? I want to be happy, people say. Well aren't they? Don't we keep them moving, don't we give them fun? That's all we live for, isn't it? For pleasure, for titillation? And you must admit our culture provides plenty of these." - Beatty

5) "I don't know" & "It's been so long." & "Don't get excited, I'm trying to think to think." - Mildred

No comments:

Post a Comment